6th, 7th and 8th Grade Girls
Older girls participate in Girl Scouting in many ways. Under the
guidance of a trained adult adviser, girls mix and match activities and resources to suit their needs and interests. They also work on ways to give back to their communities. They'll connect with each other and build self-esteem and confidence in their skills as they work on projects and gain new life experiences.
Sample Activities for Cadette Girl Scouts:
· Learning how to be a first responder in an emergency
· Setting goals
· Exploring their future career options with a mentor
· Spending a summer as a counselor-in-training at camp
· Rafting down (moderately difficult) rapids with a river guide.
· Attending a Broadway plays.
· Investing "play dough" in a stock-market game.
· Earning a Girl Silver Award, for working on a project that benefits
These links have ideas for Cadette meetings: