Senior Scouts: 9th and 10th Grade Girls
Older girls participate in Girl Scouting in many ways. Under the
guidance of a trained adult adviser, girls mix and match activities and resources to suit their needs while giving back to their communities. They connect with each other. They build self-esteem and confidence in themselves and their skills as they work on a range of projects and gain new life experiences.
Sample Activities for Senior Girl Scouts
· Learning how to be a first responder in an emergency.
· Setting goals Exploring their future career options with a mentor.
· Spending a summer as a counselor-in-training at camp.
· Rafting down Class III rapids with a river guide
· Attending a Broadway play on a trip to New York City.
· Investing "play dough" in a stock-market game & beating the experts
· Earning a Girl Scout Gold Award, the highest honor in Girl Scouting, for working on a project that benefits their community
· Traveling across the country or around the world to explore culture, science, the outdoors, and more.
These links have ideas for Senior Girl Scouts: